February 6, 2020 / TIPS & TRICKS
Colorado Elopement Packages & Guide
Do You Want More Than a Photographer? Your love story has always been a big adventure, so what could be a more fitting place to elope than the mountains of Colorado? Whether you’re eloping to Colo...
Do You Want More Than a Photographer?
Your love story has always been a big adventure, so what could be a more fitting place to elope than the mountains of Colorado? Whether you’re eloping to Colorado or having a traditional wedding, we are going to make sure you start off your love story with an intimate and authentic day that represents you as a couple!
Best news for you? Colorado is my freaking bread and butter. I know the best spots, the best light at the perfect time of day for each spot, the most epic locations, and the hidden gems. I’ve teamed up with the best vendors I could find, and I have eloping in Colorado down to a science. Simply put, I’m your expert!
As your photographer and professional elopement NINJA, I’m here to guide you through the entire process. Feel free to take your time and read through my packages or reach out directly if you’re already sold and want to get started!
WHAT IS AN ELOPEMENT?
Look, eloping isn’t Elvis in Vegas anymore. An elopement is celebrating your marriage in a way that fulfills and inspires you. It’s about starting your lives with a big adventure and having a true, authentic wedding day that you can look back with no regrets!
Elopements allow you to focus on your passions & relationships with one big adventure!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY COLORADO ELOPEMENT PACKAGE?
- $3,500 with payment plans available.
- FULL DAY COVERAGE: When your big day finally arrives, you’ll get a full day of coverage – because eloping is so much more than a first look and ceremony! From sunrise to sunset we will capture every magical moment of your big day including the ceremony.
- ULTIMATE GUIDES AND RESOURCES: Unlimited consultations and planning assistance from me including customized location scouting, custom timelines, pack list, and preferred vendor recommendations. Check out this sample timeline!
- ONLINE GALLERY: Fully edited and full resolution photos with sharable link and unlimited downloads.
- MAP AND PERMIT INFORMATION: Colorado is notorious for requiring permits to elope or get married. I’ll do all the research so you are well prepared with all the necessary information.
- NEXT DAY TEASERS: Let’s face it. We live in a world of Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Be prepared with next sneak peak photos!
HOW DO YOU ELOPE IN COLORADO?
- Choose a date and general area in Colorado to elope.
- Send me an inquiry where we can set up a phone call or grab a beer. Contact me here!
- We’ll get to know each other and chat about dates and locations based on your vision and passions as a couple.
- Reserve your date and a general location for your big day!
- When your big day finally arrives, we’ll spend the day hiking, laughing singing, listening to music, and taking in the beautiful scenery as you spray champagne and fall into each others arms. MOST. EPIC. DAY. EVER!
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ELOPING IN COLORADO
- Colorado is one of the few states that you can legally marry yourselves! In short, that means you don’t need an officiant to legally get married in Colorado….which leads to…
- You also don’t need a witness to get married in Colorado. This means you can have an intimate self solemnizing ceremony high in the mountains with no one but yourselves. Sounds dreamy, right?
- Colorado has some very unpredictable weather. It can be snowing one day and in the high 70s the next. Be prepared with the proper clothing for your adventure, and work with someone that is familiar with the area and landscape. You can also check out this helpful checklist for you should pack for your big day!
- Colorado has some of the best open venues for your wedding. You can choose to elope in a designated spot or we can find a more secluded area for your vow ceremony. I’ll help you narrow down the choices because the options are infinite!
- Make sure to grab your marriage license at the local courthouse! The fee is $30 and you have to turn your license in within 90 days of picking it up.
- Summer trails in Colorado is POPULAR! Your best bet to find seclusion and privacy is by planning a mid week wedding day to avoid the weekend warriors.
- You don’t need to hike to find a great view. Colorado has plenty of accessible drive up spots for your elopement. You can even take up a ski lift and get married at the top of a ski resort with some close friends and family. Be sure to ask your photographer for some easy spots that aren’t too much work!
- Peak wildflower season in Colorado is bonkers! The best time to catch the wild flowers is June through mid August when the snow melts off in the high terrain. You won’t want to miss these months for your elopement!
- Are you an avid backpacker? Colorado has some of the best overnight trips in the country. You can do single night or multi day trips anywhere throughout the state. You wont find better scenery….I guarantee it!
- About 75% of Colorado is above 10,000 feet. Make sure to get here a few days early so you can acclimated to the altitude!
COLORADO ELOPEMENT LOCATIONS
Whether you love the mountains, alpine lakes, forests, high plains, rivers, sand dunes, waterfalls, or even 14ers, Colorado has it all.
Location suggestions are about being a matchmaker for your vision. I am especially passionate about helping couples find hidden gems that are off-the-beaten-path, and stunning “locals secret” type of locations to say their vows. The majority of my images that you see on my website or social media are spots the couples had no idea about!
But don’t take my word for it…Check out my favorite places to elope in Colorado below!
WHAT TIME OF YEAR TO GET MARRIED IN COLORADO?
Colorado is absolutely beautiful year-round. The winter is great for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing and you can expect plenty of blue bird days. But the real draw is visiting in the summer months where you can experience Colorado’s beautiful alpine lakes and wildflower-filled meadows. September through October is peak fall season where you can enjoy pumpkin spice lattes and valleys of orange and yellow aspen trees.
Colorado is a state with many seasons, but we are the state of 300 days of sunshine, so there’s always someplace beautiful for your elopement.
SUNRISE OR SUNSET EXPERIENCE?
If photography is important to you (you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t!) , you’ll want to have your ceremony in the morning or in the evening, to capture the the best lighting.
Sunrise might be the most beautiful and calm part of the day. You are sure avoid the crowds as you enjoy the morning alpenglow and catch reflections off the alpine lakes. The only downside to sunrise is you have to get up early but you can’t beat the calmness and intimacy! I also love sunset as you get all those dreamy colors lighting up the sky.
Be sure to check out the sunrise times here when looking at ceremony times!
My name is Sean, and I am a Colorado-based free spirit with a fiery passion for the outdoors. My Wifey and I eloped, so I know what a beautiful and personal decision this is, and I also know how big of a responsibility it is to make sure that you have an incredible experience from start to finish.
My passion has led me here, where I can follow my heart and share its warmth and love for the outdoors with others on their wedding day. I also have an unhealthy obsession with my Wife and Corgi, who love to go on adventures with me. I love the 49ers and binge watching The Office. I love tequila and house music by themselves, but especially together. Our dream is to own an Airstream and take Vows and Peaks on the road!
Sound like the perfect match? Reach out so we can get started on your epic Colorado elopement!